Saturday, October 31, 2015

Podcast? What In The World Is That?

I have been asked, "Where do you learn how to do genealogy"?  Well, I read a lot, I ask questions of others (those in the know), I attend conferences and I listen to podcasts.

Podcasts are nothing more than a person who has taped themselves and/or others and provide information to the listening audience.  There are podcasts on all types of subjects, including genealogy.  The one I listen to the most is Lisa Louise Cooke and she is the producer and host of the Genealogy Gems Podcast.  She is also an author of some of the best genealogy books I have the pleasure of reading and she is a conference speaker whom I have personally seen.  She has a terrific website and offers both free and premium (subscription) podcasts.  The premium version also includes how-to videos and handouts.  She has a few free videos available also.

Her website can be found here.  The following infographic was put together by Lisa and explains more about what podcasts are.  I hope you check out her website and catch a few podcasts.  They are so informative and you will learn a lot from her.  She is one of the top people in the field of genealogy and she is an expert on how Google Earth can help with your genealogy as well as tons of other genealogy related subjects.



No comments: