Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year 2016

I hope this first post of 2016 finds you well and happy.  I apologize for the long absence of posts, but with any luck at all, I will find myself back on track.

It seems the thing that most people do at the beginning of each New Year is make New Year’s Resolutions.  What is a resolution?  Well, from my own perspective it is a promise that we all make to ourselves and then break at some point during the year, just to make the same resolution at the beginning of the next year.  You know I am right on target!

With that in mind, I am not making any resolutions for 2016, I am just going to keep plugging along in life.  I will continue to go to work each day, I will continue “Searching for Ancestors”, I will continue to post items to my blog (even if I miss some weeks, or even months), I will plan a vacation (if I don’t get to go since for the last three (3) years, work has got in the way), and I will continue the everyday mundane tasks of cooking, cleaning and grocery shopping.  I will also continue to transcribe documents for the Northwest Missouri Genealogical Society so they can get more indexes out on their website (this is my way of volunteering a little bit of time to help others).  Doesn’t that sound more like the truth than making a resolution that won’t be kept?

Some things I have planned for this New Year including adding a page to my blog with all the surnames I am researching.  I also want to retake pictures of all tombstones associated with my family, and that will include going new places to get new pictures.  I will also try to locate new documents in new places instead of relying on the Internet, since we all know that all documents are not on the Internet, yet.

I wish you luck in the New Year and hope you stick to your resolutions.  As for me, I will continue “Searching for Ancestors”.

No comments: