Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A Learning Opportunity

I am the type of person who loves to learn.  I don’t read any fiction of any kind (books or magazines).  With that said, I enjoy going to Genealogy Conferences as it is a great opportunity to learn new things as well as meet some very well-known (and not so well-known, but knowledgeable) speakers.

Our local Genealogy Society is holding its 43rd Annual Conference celebrating their 50th year on Friday and Saturday this week.  Friday afternoon has breakout sessions (new this year) and I will be learning about NARA Records that Genealogists Aren’t Using, Getting the Most from FamilySearch, Scanning Tips and Tricks and Treasures at the Courthouse.  Just the type of information I need!

On Saturday, our Speaker will be Jana Broglin, CG, OGSF (whom I have never heard of before) and she will be talking about black sheep ancestors and how there may be clues in unusual records that lead to locating more records, alternative Civil War records, newspaper research including how to add social history to your ancestor’s lives, and organization of your home office (which I could use more than anyone could imagine!).

I can’t wait for Friday to get here – these topics are all of interest to me!!  I sure hope I can learn some valuable information and find more records from all the sources I will be learning about!

No comments: