Saturday, April 18, 2015

Grandma Modrell

Maxine W. Eneau was the only child of Perry B. Eneau and Carrie Alice Young.  She was born May 24, 1907 according to the St. Joseph, Missouri Record of Births.  My father had told me her middle name was Wilhelmina, however, he had told my stepmother it was a different middle name so I guess there is some debate there.  I have nothing stating what her middle name is.  I will update my information when I find something (if I ever do).

She graduated in 1926 from Lafayette High School in St. Joseph, Buchanan County, Missouri in 1926.  Her High School Yearbook states “Humor is my philosophy of existence”.  It went on to say “Maxine is a prominent member of the orchestra.  She says she is going to be a stenographer but we are inclined to believe she will be a musician and maybe a professional.  Glee Club, ‘Gypsy Rover’ and ‘College Days’.”  I can only assume the latter two (2) are plays she was in.  I have a violin that she had played, but I am unsure if it was one she played in High School or one she acquired thereafter.

Harry House Modrell and Maxine W. Eneau
in front of our house in Grandview, Missouri
She married Harry House Modrell on July 8, 1927 in St. Joseph, Buchanan County, Missouri.

I don’t have any memories of her other than they used to have a bird in a cage (maybe a parakeet).


She died September 17, 1967 and is buried at Ashland Cemetery, St. Joseph, Buchanan County, Missouri.

No comments: